• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Solver
    Isn't that a good thing?
    Yes, definitely an improvemnet

Comment

• Glad to see that one is working
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Updated

Final update for this week, one change but a very pleasant one:

* Blockade code rewritten so that blockading is now much faster, as per Gyathaar

Comment

• What does that mean?
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

• Originally posted by Will9
            What does that mean?
            As it was explained to me, once you had a ship use the the blockade option it would typically pause the game some 10-30 seconds as it recalculated the invisible trade routes. Now, through the MAGIC of Gyathaar and Solver, these blockaded routes are now recalculated in seconds.

Comment

• Yeah, it just took too long to execute a blockade order. Even on fast computers you'd notice a delay, and on slower ones it'd really take a while. The bigger the map, the slower it was. And then there was also the slowdown every time a blockading ship got sunk.

Gyathaar tested with a Normal-size map save, where blockading took 20 seconds before the fix and 1 second after.

Comment

• I'd never noticed much of a problem.

Comment

• Haven't blockaded enough then

Comment

Haven't blockaded enough then
                    In the one game I did blockade in (and twice on a large scale) the civs on that continent didn't have good relations with the other countinents (therefore there wouldn't be many over sea trade routes). Could that be the reason?

Comment

• Nah, I don't think so. It might be that you don't notice delays because of watching too much Colbert.

Comment

• Thanks for putting this together, Solver. Thanks to everyone else involved as well.

Comment

Nah, I don't think so. It might be that you don't notice delays because of watching too much Colbert.
                          If I happen to be playing civ when Colbert is on, I don't concentrate much on on Colbert. Civ > Colbert (especially since the humour of the show changed.)

Comment

• It would seem that poison water still gives the usual 12 turns of effect. Is it only marathon speed that was changed? (I don't actually mind the 12 turns at Epic speed, but I just thought I check.)

Comment

• Originally posted by =DrJambo=
                              It would seem that poison water still gives the usual 12 turns of effect. Is it only marathon speed that was changed? (I don't actually mind the 12 turns at Epic speed, but I just thought I check.)
                              Yeah, I don't believe Epic Espionage was addressed.

Comment

• Turns effect was left alone iirc, only the number of people unhealthy was.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X