Help for the new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shrapnel12

Flogging will create +1 unhappiness and each pop is worth +1 unhappiness, so if your whip only costs one population, then you didn't help yourself at all. Flogging is really good when you have a high population (maybe 15-20), lots of food, and your whip costs you about 4 or 5 pop. You lose a lot of unhappiness, gain some time to develop less cruel happiness resources, and your pop will recover fast with your high food rate.
    population 15-20?? whipping is useful so long before that. its by far the most useful in the early game. basically any time in the ancient age that you can whip for 2 you should- getting that crucial infrastructure or army up right away is imperative. as soon as your city hits a health or happiness cap- whip. why waste all that food by not growing?

Comment

True, I guess I was just using an example where whipping can't be bad at all. I was also thinking of my recent game where I whipped an expensive building, costing me 7 pop. Even though I effectively cut my pop in half, it was still large enough to produce at a decent rate and would recover very fast.
      EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Having lots of food is IMO the key to flogging - to produce quick growth rates after the flog, leading to the next flog and so on.

Once you get past slavery - then they can become GP farms (or so I am told..)
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
        X