Blockade: What does it do, exactly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoonWolf
    Blockading can be very powerful, yes. It's nice they have including this feature as it's really changing the aspect of naval warfare.
    The improvements to navies are excellent

Comment

Originally posted by dconner
      Oh yeah, another question I had about blockading. When you give the blockade order, your unit basically does the "sleep/sentry" sort of thing, where it won't come up for new orders unless you actually click on it.

But if/when you *do* give it new orders, it appears (true?) you can do certain things without "breaking the blockade." For instance, bombarding the city you're blockading. Is this accurate, or are appearances deceiving? What else can you do? Attack an enemy ship and/or move? Pillage?
      Good question, and I'd also like to know the answer. At a hunch I'd say everything save actual movement seems to keep the blockade intact....

I haven't yet noticed the AI blockading me however, or using privateers for that matter. That's on Prince level which I can win most times. Maybe I need to go to Monarch.

Comment

My guess is also that as long as you don't move, the blockade is on.

On Noble, I've seen the AI make occasional use of privateers. They did, however, seem to be operating alone and on both occasions came at a time when my navy consisted almost exclusively of oil-based ships, so they posed no danger whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
        X