Final Frontier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Frontier

When I first played this scenario, I didn't like it very much since the tech costs seemed to be to low compared to production costs. I then went to files and doubled tech costs and found it very fun. Jon, you've done a briliant job.

I started playing as the Reds because that long list of bonuses looked good and they were. Once you have 4 cities connected to each other, you get +3 and +3 . I am also very found of using A-S-Missiles on a large scale. Now here are some bugs I found.

You can build more than one Star Fortress in a Star System.

If two civs with open borders are building a Starbase right next to each other, the one that finishes first gets most squares taken away.

When I took a vassal peacfully, 4 of 6 Starbases stopped giving cultural borders for 2 turns.

When I took a vassal peacfully, I could no longer make Defensive Pacts.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

There are too many pirates! One constantly needs to shufle his ships around, before the buggers do any damage... Get's rather tedious after a while. And this was on Chieftain....
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I just put a destroyer in every city and Pirates are esay to destroy. You might want to try Dense Star Systems since more of the map gets settled and therefore there are less chances for pirates to appear.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Will. I've made fixes for some of those things (e.g. the multiple Star Fortresses & have increased tech costs). That you could no longer make Defensive Pacts with a vassal is strange... that is likely behavior that is present in the core game as well, as I don't think any changes I made for the mod would have that effect.

Jon

Comment

The option to make defensive pact is not in the diplomacy screen once I take a vassal (not redded, the option just isn't there). I think there may be a bug that gives a defensive pact when you take a vassal because under the relations with the vassal it says we have a defensive pact.

Comment

Working...
          X