Civ 4 + Warlords Registry keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 4 + Warlords Registry keys

Long story short, I moved the HD with my version of Civ4 onto another computer, which already had it's own windows installation, and now I can't install beyond the sword since there's no civ 4 registry entries. I'd reinstall, but I don't have a DVD drive on this computer. Anyone care to make a backup of their civ4 entries and send them to me please?
    Indifference is Bliss

Long story short, I moved the HD with my version of Civ4 onto another computer, which already had it's own windows installation, and now I can't install beyond the sword since there's no civ 4 registry entries. I'd reinstall, but I don't have a DVD drive on this computer. Anyone care to make a backup of their civ4 entries and send them to me please?
    Even with the registry keys, how are you going to get around safedisc?

Comment

Network your computers, then install from the other PC's drive. Or swap the drives over.

Comment

Originally posted by I_pity_the_fool

Even with the registry keys, how are you going to get around safedisc?

Hm? I've got both the actual installed game (sans registry keys).. can't I play BTS with it's own CD in the drive?

Dale:

The other computer's processor got fried. I _could_ switch the DVD drive, but it looks like work, as I'd have to reinstall Civ and Warlords as well.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Did you try installing the patches manually? That's the only reason it'd stop.

Didn't realise you had CD version of BtS, thought it would've been DVD like the others.

Comment

Yeah, it got here before the DVD version.

Patches? I can't boot the original game or wrlds (they ask me for the DVDs) or install BTS (there's no registry keys, so it asks me to reinstall vanilla civ...)

do you mean downloading the standalone patches and trying those? Pretty sure I'll get some 'game not found' message without the reg keys.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Hmm... I could unplug this HD and let the other win install take over. BRB.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

could only boot into safe mode, but I managed to get reg keys. Still doesn't work, so I guess it's reinstall time :-/
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

took much shorter than expected. BTS is installed and dling patches now...
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Woohoo!

Good luck with the game.

What are you going to do first, epic game? Who as?

Comment

The final frontier scen.

It's pretty good

Kudos to trip.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                      X