Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corporations consume all instances of a resorce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporations consume all instances of a resorce?

Do corporations necessarily always consume ALL instances of a resource so that you have no access to it any more? For example, Sid's Sushi eating up all your seafood so that you don't get the health bonus from them?
    Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

It seems , from my limited testing w/ worldbuilder, that you can still trade resources,it even if the corp is using it. Also,health bonuses remain even if corp is "consuming" rice or a resource like that.
    Last edited by Wiglaf; July 29, 2007, 02:15.

Comment

So then your civilization doesn't act like it no longer has the use of the resources that the corporation is consuming?

Comment

Correct

Comment

I think it goes like this:

* If the corporation only uses resources to produce food, hammers, or culture, these come in addition to those resources.

* If the corporation converts a resource to another resource, the original resource is replaced by the new one, but only in that city.

I'm just about the first -- if you have Cereal Mills in a city, you still get the health benefits from Corn, Rice, and Wheat. The second holds true at least for Aluminum co., which converts coal to Aluminum; I haven't had Standard Ethanol in a city yet.

Comment

So, for example, if Aluminum Co. is converting Coal to Aluminum, then Coal is no longer available in that city for building, say, a Coal Power Plant, no matter how many instances of Coal you own?

Comment

No, you keep the coal and get alumnium. A corporation never "consumes" a resource, it simply uses it to make something else. You retain the benefits of the clams, the coal, etc etc.

to test things like this, you can open up worldbuilder in the menu and recreate these scenarios.

Comment

* If the corporation converts a resource to another resource, the original resource is replaced by the new one, but only in that city.
                this is incorrect

Comment

Working...
                X