No announcement yet.

Corporations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind, I was wrong. Mining, Inc produces hammers, not gold..

Civilopedia is not wrong on this, btw. It says it makes hammers, and it does. I just built it in world builder to confirm.

If you traded away coal, you probably lost hammers. Coal provides power (hammers) with coal plant improvements.

Yet the benefit went down.
    Are you looking at total city hammer production? if so, maybe the benefit stayed the same, but total hammer production dropped because of lost coal.
    Last edited by Wiglaf; July 29, 2007, 00:43.

Comment

you are right. the civilopedia is right on this. The manual is the only thing that is wrong on that point. My mistake.

In any case this is my fundamental problem. The civilopedia says:

Consumes: coal, iron, copper, gold, and silver.
      Produces: +0.5 hammers per resource consumed

Yet this is what I have observed so far:

3 coal, 2 iron, 2 copper, 1 silver => +5 production
      2 coal, 2 iron, 2 copper, 1 silver, 1 gold => +4 production
      3 coal, 2 iron, 2 copper, 1 silver, 1 gold => +5 production

The first item in that list isn't consistent with the stated formula or consistent with the other two.
      In a minute there is time
      For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
      - T. S. Eliot

Comment

/deleted
        Last edited by Wiglaf; July 29, 2007, 01:40.

Comment

I guess your corp does not allow you to use anything you traded for..only resources in your territory. That'd make sense, anyway.

Also, where in the manual or civilopedia do you see the +0.5 hammer/ resource rule? It is odd they seem to omit that.
          Last edited by Wiglaf; July 29, 2007, 01:42.

Comment

Actually I thought it does allow you to use traded for resources. I have no idea why the gold doesn't give you an extra hammer. (You should be getting much more than this, by the way.)

Maybe it's not using the first of any resource? Thus +2 for the extra coals, +1 for iron and copper each, and maybe using one more copper since there's no benefit from the copper (or maybe just 1 hammer for having the corp, or who knows what)?
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

So it makes no difference if the resource is within a city radius, it just has to be worked within your cultural borders.

If the AI is not bothered about you spreading them about, as Wiglaf said, it'd be an easy way to bankrupt them, or at least make them change civics so it affects them in some way.

Hope the maintenance gets nerfed in a patch.
              Random signature generator - Press Ctrl & W to see more!

Comment

I don't know why it wasn't giving me credit for the gold either. In latter games, it was behaving as expected though.

As for using the corporate offices to cripple the AI: that works very well up to a point, but eventually the AI's you target with the offices will all just switch over to state property.

Make sure you've got some excess espionage points so you can send spys over their and force them to switch civics to free market or environmentalism.
                In a minute there is time
                For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
                - T. S. Eliot

Comment

In any case this is my fundamental problem. The civilopedia says:

Consumes: coal, iron, copper, gold, and silver.
                  Produces: +0.5 hammers per resource consumed
                  According to civilopedia: Mining inc makes +0.75 hammers per resource, not +0.5

Comment

Working...
                  X