Next war Epic bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next war Epic bug?

I tried out the Next War epic game and ended up with Washington on the map. But instead of being George Washington as leader of America, he was Mr. Big as leader of America Inc. I'm not sure though if this is something specific to that mod or whether it could happen in the regular game as well.

I think that only happens if you play it as a scenario. The scenario has a bunch of world powers with weird leaders like Mr big.

In the mod version, it is the same as a normal game of Civ4 except at the end, you get mech units, clone units, etc in the new future era.

Comment

But I was playing it as a mod version, not the scenario. I sure hope they fix that as I'd love to have those addons at the end of the game. And I don't really want to go through the hassle of modding default game myself.

Comment

Actually the MOD aspect of Next War is pretty hosed, missing several wonders, some wrong art, etc.

A clever modder has jumped in and fixed all of the known issues in this mod with his own independently installed mod of the mod:

This is the normal Beyond the Sword game with the features from Next War included. I guess it will be fixed in a next patch anyway, but I don't think anyone wants to wait that long. Version 1.7 is compatible with BtS 3.13. What I did: - edited CIV4MainMenus.xml to get the four 'standard' main...

Comment

It looks like there's still some things that the revised version needs to address. I guess I'll wait awhile to play the Next War additions. It seems that things were rather sloppily done by Firaxis on that mod.

Comment

Working...
          X