BtS Undocumented Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BtS Undocumented Changes

Well here's something that's not been mentioned yet. We now have a Woodsman 3 promotion. It gives:

+2 First Strikes
    Heals units in same tile extra 15% damage/turn
    +50% Jungle Attack
    +50% Forest Attack

These makes it a pretty hefty promotion to give to a unit.

Based on the bonuses it gets, they could have named it Rambo instead of Woodsman 3

It seems that I'll finally find a use for all those woodsman 2 warriors
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

It will be a good one for Scouts too. +2 First Stikes and it will heal +5% faster than it did with just Medic 1. They might even be able to stand a chance against Barb Archers now, at least on Forest/Jungle tiles. They'll still be dead meat on flat lands.

Comment

The Woodsman III promotion is listed on page 26 of the manual.

Comment

Or if you have the UK manual - page 22.

Now what extra info do you have in the American manual. Or is the typeface just larger.
          "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Originally posted by GDI
            Not in my manual it isn't. There's a line about promotions changes in the regular game on page 28 but it only mentions that Air units now get promotions. It says nothing about Woodsman 3. I have the Canadian version of the game, which might explain the discrepancy.

It also mentions a Trade Functionality section in Chapter 2 that's supposed to explain the new Sailing requirement for Rivers, but that doesn't even exist.

Comment

Yep it listed in the UK manual on page 22.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by GDI
                It`s in my manual... Listed on page 26, in both, the paper one and the downloaded one (STEAM)
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

The Canadian manual lacks some parts that the other manuals have. Something about needing to have French as well, and a page limit...

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                    It will be a good one for Scouts too. +2 First Stikes and it will heal +5% faster than it did with just Medic 1. They might even be able to stand a chance against Barb Archers now, at least on Forest/Jungle tiles. They'll still be dead meat on flat lands.
                    It's not a promotion that's available for scouts, only melee and gunpowder(?) units.

Also, the UK instruction book says nothing about the extra 15% healing for units in the same tile.
                    Random signature generator - Press Ctrl & W to see more!

Comment

Originally posted by Morrissey
                      Also, the UK instruction book says nothing about the extra 15% healing for units in the same tile.
                      True - it is not in the manual, but is mentioned in the Civilopedia.

Must have been a late game change, after the manual went to the printers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Shafer
                        The Canadian manual lacks some parts that the other manuals have. Something about needing to have French as well, and a page limit...

Jon
                        Damn Canadians! Oh wait..
                        - Dregor

Comment

It would be much easier on us all if you could just pick one language to use and be done with it.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Shafer
                            It would be much easier on us all if you could just pick one language to use and be done with it.

Jon
                            UK English - not USA English.

Sorry if I TRIPped over any problems with this post.

Comment

DINGDINGDING.

Irregardless of what you say, Jon, he's got you there.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X