Map Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Generation

I've noticed recently that when I use the Custom Game option, the game keeps generating the same map, with the same starting point for my Civ. The only thing that changes is the water resources and the starting points for the other Civs. Any clues as to what is going on??

Sounds like it's stuck on a random seed for some reason. If you change it to a different map type, what happens?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Each different map type generates the same one per type. Example Custom_Continents Random same map over and over, choose a fixed number instead of random and for each fixed number there's the same map again and again. The maps for each number are different, but each number generates the same map each time its selected. Archipeligo generates the same map each time, etc.

Comment

I'd say the best thing to do is to uninstall and reinstall.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

That's what I was figuring was going to need to happen... Figured I ask, hoping it was just an .xml tweak I needed to do. Well, I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Comment

Don't yet! Try toggling the save random seed option.

Comment

That's for reloads, not map generation.

Comment

I would not be surprised if it affected both.

Comment

You havent been messing with .ini file, did You ? Cause there is a map random seed option:

; Random seed for map generation, or '0' for default
                  MapRandSeed = 0

Maybe check that one ?

Comment

In theory that is much more likely to be the case, but as Kuci said the other option is probably worth looking at even if it isn't supposed to affect that, also.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I always have the new seed on reload turned on, so I knew that wasn't it. Unimatrix hit the solution, thanks! Can't remember when I changed it, but I do recall doing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X