• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New patch already?

RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

I don't have BTS yet so I'm not sure, but isn't 3.02 the one they released already?

IIRC it synchronizes versions worldwide (for MP I guess).

Comment

Amazing... A new patch is out (even if it`s just to synchronizing something)...
      And only one person made a comment (hi, Kloreep! Long time no see you )... The CFC forum has four pages already, since yesterday!
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas

Comment

Well, more than one person you see...

metroman

Settler

Nov 2005
        time: 15:08

24-07-2007 18:44 | profile | mail | pm | search | buddy edit | quote #97 | report | ip

Browse Apolyton AD-FREE

Got mine in Clarksville IN on lunch. There is a update already available on the advanced options check for updates page...

Brian

Comment

Welcome aboard, metroman!
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas

Comment

I have two versions, the boxed (USA, 2 CD) version and the STEAM one. I`ve updated the boxed release (my main workstation has it installed), and the STEAM version came already patched. Direct2Drive package is already patched, I’ve read at CFC.

Nice.

Btw, I’ve heard bad things about STEAM... I don’t see why. The STEAM client is doing horrible things in my computer, maybe?
            It is better than the boxed version, IMHO. I’ve already played the game at many places and computers, without worries about cd... And if you buy the entire package (Civ IV, Warlords and BtS - in fact, you don’t need Warlords), the world is yours... Literally! But only if you have a fast internet connection, because you have to download the game to every computer you’re using, of course. Well, just the first time...
            I have the game already installed in my notebook, my son’s computer, my workstation... The CD is necessary only in one computer at my studio. The paper manual in nice, though.
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas

Comment

Doesn't steam require an active connection every time you start the game? I bought Defcon from them and it did, but then again that is an internet-only game.

My problem with Steam is that it is a bloated program that forces you to update it ..before you can run the games you bought on it.. Direct2drive does not have this problem because there's no client, just the game, on your machine.

Comment

Steam isn't that bad, you can play offline games without an active connection, although the method of doing so isn't obvious enough.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

You can play offline. The game, in fact, is installed in your computer. You just need to be online to get updates...

However,

"The Steam client application's files must be updated to allow for the use of Offline Mode. If your game's status is "100% - Ready" but you receive the message "This game cannot be started in Offline Mode" when attempting to play offline, the Steam client application's files need to be updated."
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas

Comment

Hi Aro.

Meh, Steam doesn't sound too bad. Perhaps not as good as Stardock, but ultimately, I'm gonna want to update the client anyway, right?

Comment

well i guess really new patch will come pretty soon. how long did it take for first post-release vanilla and warlords patches?

Comment

Working...
                      X