The Chinese, and their vassals the Chinese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chinese, and their vassals the Chinese

I'm now in my second BtS game, and in both one AI Civ has released a copy of itself as a colony. In the first, Augustus Caesar put Julius Caesar in charge of the Roman colony, and I had two Roman civilizations; in the current game, I have two Chinas (which has some realism to it of course, except that Mao is in charge of the small island China). Yes, they do have (somewhat) different colors and I'm pretty sure that when Suryavarman says he wants me to stop trading with the Chinese he means the original China, but it's still confusing as heck.

I haven't been in that situation yet, but so far I've only played one game

IMHO they should have done it like this:

When a civ splits the name of the civs should be like "north < civname >" and "south < civname >" or east/west (of course depending the location of each other). This way can get "East Germany" versus "West Germany"
    But this would require all civs to have at least two leaders
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Most of the time, when a Civ releases a colony the colony is just a regular new Civ; I think the Romans formed Korea and someone else released America in my first game, and in the second the Chinese formed the Celts not long after China v.2 appeared.

Comment

Can anyone post the logic that the program uses when spawning colonies?

I think European civs spawn America first, then will spawn a colony based on whomever is left in their leadership rotation. (So Churchill/England would found America first, then either Victoria or Elizabeth/England.) Once the alternate leaders are exhausted it then just picks a leader/civ randomly.

I don't have any problem with the way it is set up, although I wish that the player could name the civ themselves instead of taking the same name. So if "England" is already being used as a civ name, you could name it "New England" or, well, anthing else.
        "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

The most ironic case of this was my last Lincoln game.

Just conquered the Aztec mini-continent to the south of mainland America.

I make a colony, and it splits into... another America.

So much for preserving the Union. The South rose again. Though under Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Common Sensei
            The most ironic case of this was my last Lincoln game.

Just conquered the Aztec mini-continent to the south of mainland America.

I make a colony, and it splits into... another America.

So much for preserving the Union. The South rose again. Though under Roosevelt.
            Ah, the world according to Harry Turtledove.
            "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Well that situation is going to have to be fixed. I don't know how that one slipped by the testers! I guess we can expect a a patch fairly soon then.

Comment

So... now in my third game I have two Germanies and two Persias. The second game ended with two Americas in addition to the two Chinas. It gets really confusing when the bully whom you don't want to anger unnecessarily wants you to stop trading with one of them but doesn't tell which one.

Comment

Working...
                X