BTS: Wrong Disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdPhoenix
    I found that when I installed BtS the icon that was placed on my desktop was for vanilla and I couldn't find BtS in the programs through the start menu.

I get it to play by running the dvd directly through the dvd drive, it works that way fine. A bit annoying but I'm sure it will be sorted out at some stage.
    ^ same thing for me too. weird.
    One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
    "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Every time a new expansion pack or version of the game is released, we have this little lottery... The thing works for many, but doesn’t for some. Unlucky ones.

The fact is… We are beta testers. No, not beta testers... Gamma testers. One letter after beta...

But we are testers. I'm not complaining, even if we pay for that… I'm just describing a fact. My boxed copy arrives tomorrow, I think… Monday, likely. All I can do is expect with optimism…

I’m playing a Steam version, right now… Besides the well known problem with patches, is not too bad… I’ve played the game everywhere, in my son’s house, in my notebook, my desktop… All I had to do is download the game to the computer I'm using, and voilà! And the STEAM client, of course…

I’m wondering if I’ll be able to install the boxed version in my computer, with the steam version already there… Maybe I find some kind of conflict between the copy-protection stuff and the no-cd codes of Steam. We’ll see.

I know, I paid twice for the same game… The box and the downloadable one. Call me idiot, and I’ll agree.

RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I found that when I installed BtS the icon that was placed on my desktop was for vanilla and I couldn't find BtS in the programs through the start menu.
        Same here so i kept getting the 'insert disc' error. I put it down to it being a Vista thing. I had to pin it to the start menu from the 'Games' folder as there didn't seem to be a BTS menu in the Start folder.

Comment

I've got Vista too so that could be where it comes from. Good idea about pinning it from the folder it's installed in to the start menu, I've been in such a rush to play it after getting home from work I've just been trying to get it loaded as quickly as possible!!

Comment

I assume you already got your answer somewhere else, so I'll post this here for future folks. My guess is that you are running Vista. In order for the game to recognize your disc, you need to edit your icon and UNCHECK the box for "use XP Compatability Mode."
            Last edited by acuoio; July 27, 2007, 13:50.

Comment

Working...
            X