"Civilization Daydreams" Launch Comic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Civilization Daydreams" Launch Comic

Kicking off the "Civilization Daydreams" (CD) promotion on the occasion of CivIV: Beyond the Sword's release is the launch comic by GUComics' Woody Hearn. Teased on Apolyton Civilization Site's (ACS) homepage, below is the comic in full; it links to the official CD website.

On July 31st, ACS and fellow fansite Civilization Fanatics Center will publish one exclusive CivIV-themed animated short apiece. For the full CD release schedule, click here.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Howdy,

A higher quality version of the image can be found at the GU site: http://www.gucomics.com/daydreams/?page=kickoff

Woody Hearn - owner/cartoonist
    GUComics.Com

Comment

Hi Woody. Welcome to Apolyton's forums!

Thanks for the check-in and link.
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Sorry it was for such a terrible self-serving reason. I just wanted to make sure folks knew there was a version of the strip without artifacting.

I love the game though, so it might be tough to get rid of me now. **grins**

Comment

very high quality stuff.

someone should tell Take2 that the resized version on their site is impossible to read

Comment

Originally posted by whearn
            Sorry it was for such a terrible self-serving reason. I just wanted to make sure folks knew there was a version of the strip without artifacting.
            No apologies necessary.

In fact, I've now gone ahead and replaced our copy with the higher resolution one on your site.

I love the game though, so it might be tough to get rid of me now. **grins**

Comment

No offense - but is that supposed to be funny ? I guess after like 23 years (3/4 of my life roughly) of playing computer games, i am still not nerd enough... and dont tell me that last frame is supposed to be Simpsons-style ?

Comment

I think the Simsons twist is nice
                The Spy Chick is also funny, Remembers me of Tanya
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Like I was saying at CivFanatics, I'm not exactly fond of the "joke" progression in the kickoff comic myself. It feels ridiculously forced. But, when Firaxis asked me to do the kickoff comic, they wanted it to address how a the comics might come together. So they put forward questions they'd like to see "answered". Each row of the comic is an answer to one of those questions.

My first inclinations was to do kid-style crayon drawings in the final panel, but it felt like I would be insulting contestants. And since I really didn't want to do the kickoff comic (for fear that it might influence other participants, for good or bad), I really REALLY didn't want to offend anyone with one offhand poke at myself, the game, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                    I think the Simsons twist is nice
                    The Spy Chick is also funny, Remembers me of Tanya
                    I'm betting that given the high geek level of Civ players, that there are going to be plenty of those sorts of cookies in the comics. Or at least, there should be.

Comment

Working...
                    X