Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Frontier - Stealth ships and the AI..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Frontier - Stealth ships and the AI..

I just finished my first game of Final Frontier, and overall was very impressed.
    The main problem however was the AI (Prince Level) was pretty rubbish at thwarting my 3-4 stealth ships, which caused absolute havoc for the entire game.
    The AI did nothing to attempt to stop them. I didn't see any scouts (the only unit that can see them?).
    Not once did the AI use stealth ships against me.
    Overall it was a very easy victory via ascendancy.
    Other than that it was excellent.. but it's quite a big flaw in the AI imo.

Added:
    The AI also often moved construction ships to rebuild warp lanes I had literally just destroyed the turn before with a stealth ship.. this is obviously committing suicide.

Seems strange they spent so much time on the rules, graphics, etc but bombed out on the AI. I guess they wanted flashy press screenshots.

Comment

I was certainly mesmerized by the pretty planets revolving around and around. They really did pull out all the stops on the graphics.

On the other hand, I really think that the Civilopedia for Final Frontier was lacking--for one thing, there were no descriptions for the various spatial features (black holes, radiation clouds, etc.). For example, I was only able to find out that black holes suck you in by blundering into one.
      Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Working...
      X