Weird AP situation--Resident converts to non-AP religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird AP situation--Resident converts to non-AP religion

So, basically how it went down was, I built the Apolistic Palace as the founder of Buddhism which had spread to a great many of the mid-to-lesser powerful civs on the map. One of my main rivals, De Gaulle, ended up winning the Resident position, however. Not soon after, De Gaulle switched to Hinduism, the religion of another major competitor.

Now, maybe I'm not reading how the AP works correctly, but shouldn't that boot him out of the resident position? Nearly 200 years have gone by (marathon speed) and there hasn't been a single popup for the AP since De Gaulle switched to Hinduism. The 'members' screen shows him as a voting member, which makes sense, but I'm confused as to why another election for Resident has not come up.

Having read the Civiliopedia entry; if you built the Palace, no matter your religion, you should be a full member.

Of course things could have changed between the time that was written and the game was pressed. There's definitely some confusion there. Oh Trip/alexman....
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Posted this in the BTS Bugs thread as well, but is anyone else noticing that the AP is terribly slow when it comes to re-electing and proposing resolutions?

Comment

Originally posted by sirboxalot
        Posted this in the BTS Bugs thread as well, but is anyone else noticing that the AP is terribly slow when it comes to re-electing and proposing resolutions?
        Have played two games now and have built the AP in both. I've only had elections (and only 3 at that), no resolutions.
        You don't have to be a Pastafarian to love pasta. Pirates rule!

Comment

In my last game I got dragged into two wars within a very short space of time against two "infidel" nations. I could have stayed out but thought that I may as well have a few friends in the game, I think I'd also have lost the production bonus.

If you get the uni of sanskore, apolistic palace and spiral minoret those temples and monasteries become very useful!!

Comment

Working...
          X