Music Disppears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Disppears

I find that the music supplied with the game puts me to sleep, so I use the option to play MP3s from my hard drive instead. I have several music files that I have placed into a new folder under the sid mier's directory and select that folder in the audio options menu. Sometimes it will play for hours, but most of the time it will play for a while and just stop. The only way to get it back is to restart the game. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. Sometimes it will play for 1/2 hour, sometimes an hour, or maybe several hours before it stops. 95% of the time it does stop sometime during the game.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have. Sometimes (but not always) it helps to just switch music on and off again. You can do this in the options menu and there is also a shortcut (Ctrl+M?). I have no idea what causes the custom music to stop.

I like the soundtrack a lot (particularly the Renaissance and Industrial Age pieces). Is it possible to add pieces to the existing music for a particular age?

Verrucosus

Comment

Originally posted by Verrucosus
      I have. Sometimes (but not always) it helps to just switch music on and off again. You can do this in the options menu and there is also a shortcut (Ctrl+M?). I have no idea what causes the custom music to stop.

I like the soundtrack a lot (particularly the Renaissance and Industrial Age pieces). Is it possible to add pieces to the existing music for a particular age?

Verrucosus
      I tried switching the music on and off both using CTRL-M and ESCing to the options menu. No effect. I also have switched it back, listened to the canned music a while and then switched it back to my music and would get nothing.

Interesting question. let me know if you find out about adding to the existing music.

Comment

Working...
      X