patch v1.74 - no version installed?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patch v1.74 - no version installed?!

I try to install patch v1.74 but install shield refuses - claiming that there no Civ4 version has dedected. Actually it is. Why is so? Im runing Windows Vista - any problem with that?

i also have the same problem, but i have a Steam version of the game. PLease help us!

Comment

This probably isn't your problem, but do you have Norton Internet Security installed? The only way I can get the updates to work is by turning Norton off.
      Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

Something else to try is downloading the most recent version of DirectX 9.0c. This solved your problem for some folks over on CFC.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

Originally posted by Petek
          Something else to try is downloading the most recent version of DirectX 9.0c. This solved your problem for some folks over on CFC.
          And when you say recent, the Directx_jun2007_redist.exe worked best. Download, install in Windows System and then run DXSETUP.exe.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

i did both, installed newest version ov directx and disabled antivirus software, but there are still statement, that has not been detected CIV 4 version. May be problem is Vista OS itself? Any other ideas? Plse!

Comment

You'll need to download the patch from Steam, not from within the game.
              www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Same problem here with XP. The new DX9 did not help. Anyone have any solutions?

Comment

The latest DX for vista is DX10. That won't work for updated Warloards. You need the DX9 below.

The Directx_jun2007_redist.exe is the one you need to find. It is the DX9.0c .
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Re: patch v1.74 - no version installed?!

Originally posted by labais
                    I try to install patch v1.74 but install shield refuses - claiming that there no Civ4 version has dedected. Actually it is. Why is so? Im runing Windows Vista - any problem with that?
                    Did you run Civ4 with Administrator rights?

Comment

Dude,

Hope someone helps you...this thread helped me. The anticipation of BTS was killing me, especially with all those Aussies talking about the game incessantly. So, I uninstalled the damn thing and played Links 2003 for the past week. My copy is in the store tomorrow, so I re-installed tonight, and decided to update the patch to (in theory) shave prescious seconds off the install time tomorrow. Sure enough, I get this error:

Another thread lead me to some good 'ol registry editing, which I butchered naturally. Anyway, after installing the latest Direct X, the update seemed to work fine. I run the game and this is what my About screen is in the Advanced menu:

Of course, all my registry editing was not without some, erm, side effects. When I try to uninstall the game I get this error:

I also have two uninstalls inside Add/Remove programs, which can't be good:

It is doubtful I'll ever be able to unistall the game, although my fear is something else is wrong and BTS won't work. The first test game I fired up seemed to validate this theory:

I mean, come on, 16 flood plains in the BFC, that can't be normal

Darrell

Comment

I had a very similar numbered unhelpful error - but when trying to INSTALL BtS in Vista Home Premium. I've had the same problems with trying to install some games, and it turns up to be a Vista permissions things. Yes, you have Administrator rights, but Vista doesn't care.

How I fixed it was by logging in as the secret Administrator built-in to Vista and installing everything I needed to, so it all works on my other logins (haven't tested that yet, but they work fine in the Admin login).

Here's some details:

Note though that the line:

Net user administrator activate:yes
                        should actually be
                        Net user administrator active:yes
                        No regediting necessary. Hope this helps.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                        X