BtS 'Failed initializing Python' Fatal Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BtS 'Failed initializing Python' Fatal Error

So I've patched, and updated Direct X and so on but it still won't run, it always says 'Failed initializing Python' when it's starting up.

Anyone got any thoughts?
    www.neo-geo.com

Yes. Firaxis have BIG problem managing releases. Someone should lose his/her job.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Did you try a full install of vanilla and warlords then bts?

This will make sure there's no rogue modified files in either assets or custom assets in any of the versions. You don't want that.

Comment

It's all vanilla installs. No mods or anything, also, Warlords still works fine, it's just BtS that has this error.
        www.neo-geo.com

Comment

I have found that I can update but have to use the 161 build for the exe file or else the shaders will not work.

Along with that I hade to update my D3DX9 to D3Dx9_32.dll.
          You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
          There is a reason for everything.

Comment

You're most probably running a pirated version of the game. Discussing how to get a warez version running is not allowed here. Please buy a real copy.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

johnmcd convinced me that he's not running a pirated copy of this game. I hope someone can help him solving this problem.

Thread is opened again.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Try clearing the cache (%userdir%\Application Data\my games\beyond the sword\ ). Not that that should be the issue on first install, though...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

You don't have to have a pirated version for this BtS stuff to fail.

In fact I don't see how it would be related to pirating.

It just fails. I spent 3 hours on saturday until I was fed up and uninstalled it. No BtS for me until Firaxis get their stuff straight.
                  -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                  -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

And where did you get a copy?
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                      You don't have to have a pirated version for this BtS stuff to fail.

In fact I don't see how it would be related to pirating.

It just fails. I spent 3 hours on saturday until I was fed up and uninstalled it. No BtS for me until Firaxis get their stuff straight.
                      Its been noted that if you don't follow the pirate version procedure correctly, to the letter, you get the python exception.

I assume that's what prompted the closing before.

Comment

I find it kind of distasteful that the folks on this board assume because people are getting errors they simply assume piracy.

I am also getting the python init error.

I am more or less assuming it is because I have the CD version of Civ IV, the D2D version of Warlords and now the CD version of BTS.

It's frustrating enough without people who are having no issues simply dismiss you as a pirate.

Comment

For what it's worth, I don't think you guys are pirates.
                          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Alright guys. I think I have this one figured out. The problem is caused by the Warlords D2D version. I have the same thing, same problem. But I have found a solution. Uninstall everything, Civ IV, Warlords, and Beyond the Sword. Re-install Civ IV but not warlords. BtS will automatically install warlords but without the scenarios. THat worked for me. And I know this isn't a piracy issue, I just bought my game from Fry's. Yeah, everyone who has this problem has the D2D version of warlords.
                            If Arrabs put down their weapons then there would be no violence, if the Jews put down their weapons there would be no more Israel.

Comment

Hey Daleran,

I was in the process of doing just that when you posted. And now it seems to work.

1. Uninstalled Civ IV BTS, Warlords and the original game
                              2. Then re-installed the original game
                              3. Tried to intall BTS, but got some kind of patch error
                              4. Patched the original game to 1.74 (took two patch attempts #1 to 1.61 then #2 1.74)
                              5. Re-installed BTS
                              6. Got into the game.

I'm kind of bummed that I won't be able to play the Barbarians scenario anymore, but oh well... I'll survive somehow

Comment

Working...
                              X