Patch 213 Error: Init Error Error loading shader libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
    You will be able to play Civ 4 as well as Warlords (as these also work without the newest patches that need DirectX 9.0c), but you won´t be able to play Beyond the Sword I suspect
    No, you can't play them online. Which is the only reason I bought the game to begin with. So in essence, I cannot play the game any longer. Which means I, and all of my college buddies that I play it with are going to have to switch games. I think that it's safe to say that, unless Fireaxis comes out with a patch that works sometime soon, we'll be avoiding Fireaxis games in the future.

BTW: I too am a application developer.
    Last edited by Ghost0fWar; August 2, 2007, 19:51.

Comment

FYI: After a long and painfull battle, I have conquered M$ and Fireaxis's attempts to thwart their customers. If you need to fix this on a Win2K platform, here is what you need to do.

First you need to getl the 32 bit version of the D3DX9_32.dll and install it. There is a nifty installer if you get it from the right place, I'd recommend using that. However, if you're feeling lucky, just get the .DLL and place it in the System32 directory.

Second, you need to need to get this file.
      directx_jun2007_redist.exe that contains the DirectX components needed for software developers. This will give you a few other necessary files that apparently aren't available in the normal DirectX install that is available for Windows2000 users.

Once both of these are done, you should be able to play the game once again.

Comment

You shouldn't blame Firaxis for MS's choice not to support Win2k... they are required to keep up with the DirectX (for GFW from what i've read) and can't very well stick with old tech just because MS won't support your OS.

After all, they don't support Dos 6.21 anymore...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
        X