Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated to 1.7 and getting D3DX9_32.dll error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated to 1.7 and getting D3DX9_32.dll error.

I just updated via updater and installed the patch and now I get the following error.

"This application has failed to start because D3DX9_32.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I only have CIV4 installed.
    I have removed and reinstalled CIV 4 and updated and still get the same error.

I scanned all files and did not see anything named D3DX9_32.DLL but I did find D3DX9_29.DLL. Yes I searched for hidden files and in hidden directories and system files.

Has anyone had this problem after installing the update?

download, software, update, Microsoft, product, computer, PC, Windows, Office, server, MSN, Live, game, Xbox, security, driver, install, trial, preview, demo, popular

Comment

Try to install the latest version of DirectX 9.0c: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I didnt install the whole DX series, just the updated D3DX9 files. Seems weird that they didnt include the file with the update. This specific file was released in December as part of the SDK, I believe and should have been included in the update.

If anyone else has the problem, this is where I got the updated file from

Last edited by krazijoe; July 19, 2007, 19:15.

Comment

Originally posted by krazijoe

If anyone else has the problem, this is where I got the updated file from

http://www.threelights.de/index.php?..._dll_files.php
          thanks can finally get my daily fix of civ

Comment

This worked for me as well, thanks ever soooo much!!

Comment

I registered JUST TO SAY THANK YOU!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X