Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What BtS feature are you most looking forward to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really looking forward to BTS. It seems to make the game needlessly complex.

Comment

Originally posted by OliverFA
      The Apostolic Palace. It may very well add an additional diplomatic layer to the early game to make it even more interesting.
      I agree! I can't wait to see how relations change with it.
      In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Actually, the most pressing feature of this game to me is ...
        POSSESSION!

Right now, I wish I was an Aussie.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
          I'm not really looking forward to BTS. It seems to make the game needlessly complex.
          As if we nerds would regard that as a limitation.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Holy Crud there is a horse load of new features and other stuff in this expansion. It's hard to make a choice. The only thing I'm worried about is the Espionage, but after reading some stuff about it, I may not like it, but I won't be turned off by it. Also, I could care less about new civs and leaders and I'm surprised how highly this rates with most people.

I'm going to love the new scenarios. I'm very excited about corporations, colonies, blockades, and I'm hopeful the new AI will calm my frustration with diplomatic situations at least a little. The thing I'm most excited about however, is mechs and future techs. I don't think there is a decent Mechwarrior strategy game out there and I hope I can make a decent mod with this scenario.
            EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

I'm also excited for the new events. I think it will throw in a whole new level of surprises and challanges. It should be cool to see what they all are.
              In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

From what I have read the AI in Civ IV and Warlords sucks. They also both suffer from memory leak issues.

The reason I would like to have BtS is to play Civ IV as it was intended with good AI and no technical issues combined with the expanded gameplay mechanics and additional civs/units etc.

Although my primary foucs of the expansion is the improved AI and game mechanics. Sounds to me like that is what Civ IV should have been from the beginning and it has taken this long to actually meet those goals.

BtS doesn't even really seem like an expansion. I see it as more like a final update to a game that was not finished. Warlords sounds like a joke and a booster pack at best. Do you see a trend here?

Comment

From what I have read the AI in Civ IV and Warlords sucks. They also both suffer from memory leak issues.
                  This is wrong.

Comment

Well there are definantly some people that would disagree with that statement. Clearly just by looking at some of the features of BtS you can see where the AI has been improved to correct some of those problems. I've read countless threads about the memory problems and crashing that has been supposedly fixed in BtS. Some basic game mechanic changes to reflect imbalance and some issues that they brought about. Shrug I am not bias or anything I just expect games like these to actually be inteligent when it comes to AI etc right out of the box. Honestly it sounds like a big patch with some extra content thrown in while the programmers worked on fixing some of the problems with the core game.

Comment

Originally posted by KWAiRT
                      Clearly just by looking at some of the features of BtS you can see where the AI has been improved to correct some of those problems.
                      The main reason why the AI has been improved is because a modder took it upon himself to make some improvements to what Firaxis came up with in Warlords/Vanilla. He did such a good job that he was enlisted to do the work on BtS.

I've read countless threads about the memory problems and crashing that has been supposedly fixed in BtS.
                      The game has been very stable for a long time. I myself have never had it crash on me since the first couple of patches. However I do get some lag after playing for several hours, which gets fixed after restarting the game. So there probably ihas been a memory leak somewhere, but it hasn't been severe enough to crash the game.

Shrug I am not bias or anything I just expect games like these to actually be inteligent when it comes to AI etc right out of the box.
                      The AI in Civ 4 has been the best of any of the versions. Blake's changes just helped improve it, they didn't turn a bad AI into a good one. It's always been fairly good.

Honestly it sounds like a big patch with some extra content thrown in while the programmers worked on fixing some of the problems with the core game.
                      Though I admit Warlords didn't add alot to the game, I'd hardly call it a big patch. And what it did add was very good. Vassal States drastically changed the dynamics of the gameplay for instance.

Judging from this line of yours:

From what I have read the AI in Civ IV and Warlords sucks.
                      You haven't even played the game yet. If that's the case, maybe you shouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on the game.

Comment

Judging from this line of yours:

quote:
                        From what I have read the AI in Civ IV and Warlords sucks.

You haven't even played the game yet. If that's the case, maybe you shouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on the game.
                        My thoughts exactly.

Willem:
                        However I do get some lag after playing for several hours, which gets fixed after restarting the game.
                        I get this as well. Instead of restarting, though, I exit to Windows (through the Windows button) and then just reenter the game. It seems to clear up any lag for a few more hours, and you don't have to restart. It works for me, at least.

Comment

Working...
                        X