Do I need religion to build Oracle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need religion to build Oracle ?

I was trying to do the CS slingshot but was never given the option to build the Oracle. I had no religion in my empire, is that the reason?

(savegame attached)
    Attached Files
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

525 BC is a bit late, Mansa Musa was quicker

Comment

The AI's do eventually build wonders if you don't

Comment

I haven't downloaded it although I can tell you what you need for the Oracle.

1. Priesthood
        2. It can't have been built someone else
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

No. It's because it's already been built by Mali.

Comment

Really, did I miss that it had been already built? Must go back to my save...
            "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

The news messages in the game always appear with some delay. If you are playing fast, you notice the consequences of events like built wonders and founded religions before you get the actual message explaining them.
              For example, you may have planned to start building a wonder on a specific turn, notice that you can't and only then the message appears that it has been built by someone else.
              Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
              O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

Sometimes, also, you're so focused on the game that you miss the message. If I find I can't build a Wonder I was hoping for, I go to the Wonders screen and see how much earlier I missed it...

Comment

This is another proof that the more important messages should have a message box for itself. I often miss the important messages because they go away too quickly
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It'd be nice if there were an option to increase the time messages stay on screen.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Event message decay has been delayed in some mods (e.g., Hephmod), but I don't know that it is an XML item. It does help to look over your event log (Ctrl-Tab) on occasion.
                      Last edited by Jaybe; July 6, 2007, 12:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                        It'd be nice if there were an option to increase the time messages stay on screen.
                        But only for important messages. Messages like "unit x was killed by unit y" should go away quickly (but should be found in a special messages window that you can open at any time)
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                          This is another proof that the more important messages should have a message box for itself. I often miss the important messages because they go away too quickly
                          True enough. The same thing applies to AI military attacks. I always enable quick AI turns because I hate waiting half an hour for a few attacks, so every turn I receive a ****load of unit killed messages of which I have to track down where they all happened. Amateur work!
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                          X