question about Warlords scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about Warlords scenarios

So I figure I should play them before the expansion comes out.

Alexander the Great last night. Seemed kind of bland, but as I mentioned in another thread, I prefer gunpowder and later scenarios. The map had lots of plains. I was tripping out when I finally got to the east part and seen green. I thought something was wrong, turns out it was only grassland. I know on a map that scale, you are going to have a lot of the same tile. I'm just used to standard sized world maps with lots of terrain variety.

Do I have to load a mod before playing this scenario? or can I just click on play scenario? I say this because I think something wasn't working right. It seems like I should have been able to update my civics- not really a civic, but the alexander title. I was unable to get it from the second ranking all game. on the civics screen it says it requires future tech. but there are no future techs. once I discovered all the techs, I was unable to research anything. Then I read that experience gained by your alexander genereal does it. I got him up to 50 xp by the end of the game (rank 8 iirc), and no more promotions on the civic screen. I wonder if there was other parts of the scenario I was missing out on. It's difficult to get him more xp as you spend time healing, and you don't want to risk him. I lost him on a 94% win battle and had to wait 6 months to get him back.

Is it even possible to lose this scenario? As far as I can tell you can only play as Alexander. You start second in score. At the very least you should win on score alone. I won with about 70 something turns left on Noble. Perhaps I should up my difficulty level for these scenarios. The only thing that gave me trouble was war elephants, but the greek uu could take them out. just seemed like I never had them in the right place at the right time . And the ai did make good use of combined arms putting cats and other units along with the war elephants meaning my uu couldn't attack the stack and hit the war elephants with good odds, I had to destroy the harder units first.

so my main question is about the Alexander promotions. I may ask other questions about the other scenarios as I play them. Thanks

The only scenario I've won is the China one because I quit all the others from bordom.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Working...
    X