Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civilization® Revolution™ Announced: Finally A Console Version!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale
    What's with Napoleon feeling himself up?
    that was my first thought as well

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

that was my first thought as well
      and mine
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

"Civilization Revolution is the game I've always wanted to make!" said Sid Meier, Director of Creative Development at Firaxis Games.
        I repeat, this guy is a d-bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Will9

and mine
          Likewise

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander I
            Hattie the huge-bosomed hussie
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Shrapnel12
              I'd never play an FPS on a computer

FPS are meant to be played on a computer. Keyboard and mouse is required for an FPS game to make it playable...
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It seems that Firaxis' marketing probes gave them incitements to include Playboy bunny style leaders for the console version. I think that says a lot about console content, and it settles the war between PCs and consoles once and for all: consoles ARE shallow!
                "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

Originally posted by guermantes
                  It seems that Firaxis' marketing probes gave them incitements to include Playboy bunny style leaders for the console version.
                  It's unfair, we also want those playboy bunny style leaders
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

It's unfair, we also want those playboy bunny style leaders
                    I am sure they will be modded in once Revolutions comes out.

I wouldn't shoot down Civ for consoles, no matter how different it may be from what we are used to. The idea of Civilization is to take control of a civilization and try to win a victory over the others playing. If it goes turn-based, or even to put some limits on how long each turn will be, it may still be a good game.

Different isn't ALWAYS a bad thing, but there are some things that just wouldn't be acceptable. A bunch of people hated the differences in Civ 4 compared to the previous games for example. To them, the changes in Civ 4 just broke the series for them(mostly because they didn't want to give up their quick-growth strategy that made the game a bit too reliant on starting position IMO).

If it sucks(from our point of view), it sucks and no one here will play it. It COULD have a bunch of things that WOULD be good, and we will probably see them in Civ 5.

Comment

The AI is what makes or breaks a civ game. Theoretically at least, a console game can have a good AI, fortunately... consoles come with multi-core CPUs that can provide enough computing power. Of course,any console game will, almost by definition, pay lots of attention to graphics...
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

FPS are meant to be played on a computer. Keyboard and mouse is required for an FPS game to make it playable...
                        Hmm... Maybe that's why I don't like them.

[Quote]
                        It seems that Firaxis' marketing probes gave them incitements to include Playboy bunny style leaders for the console version. I think that says a lot about console content, and it settles the war between PCs and consoles once and for all: consoles ARE shallow! [Quote}

Yes, they do have a charm all their own..
                        EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Huh?

I mean, I'm sorry, I guess I should say something more meaningful, but... huh?
                          This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            The AI is what makes or breaks a civ game. Theoretically at least, a console game can have a good AI, fortunately... consoles come with multi-core CPUs that can provide enough computing power. Of course,any console game will, almost by definition, pay lots of attention to graphics...
                            Asher has pronounced that the Cell is terrible for AI.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                              What's with Napoleon feeling himself up?
                              Thinking about military campaigns gets him hard, it's part of the advanced personality features using subtle visual cues to indicate the AI's attitude, Napoleon has his hand down his pants? He's preparing an invasion .

Comment

Asher has pronounced that the Cell is terrible for AI.

Not that I know much about console technology, but what makes it so? Shouldn't multi-core CPUs at a good clock rate be decent for AIs? Or is it some retarded limitation on how the CPU can be programmed?
                                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                                X