Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Civ's to declare war on eachother...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Civ's to declare war on eachother...?

Me and my friend have played one original Civ4 game for about 2 years now, and I'm (secretly, of course) trying to get all the cpu-controlled civ's on my continent to go against his one, mega-civilization on another continent (Mongolians). Unfortunately, we turned off permanent alliances so even though I'm goody goody with all of said civilizations, no amount of gold or anything will get them to declare war on him (even though they're all 'Annoyed' with him).

It's kind of the only reason I want to go on with this game (that is to say, I only want to play so that all of our lesser civilizations can go and fight his one, super civilization).

Does anyone have any idea how this can be done?? Do I amount more than 10k gold to buy them off? Get even MORE goody-goody with them? (I'm at like +10 or +15 relations with them) I'm at a loss.

Please help save our game!!!

~A troubled leader

Put the "war with xxxx" on the table and ask what they want for it. If they want more then you have (signified by "i don't see how that can be done"), you will need to get something else, like more tech to bribe them, or heaps of gold.

Go around to each of the civs and see what they want, total it up and that'll be what you need.

Although if he really is a super power like you say, it will cost you alot.

Another option may be to see if one will become your vassal state. That will at least mean they will war when you do.

Comment

If he's too powerful then it could be that they will not go to war with him for any price. I think they'll be more likely to go to war with him if you're at war with him. Also more likely if other civs are at war with him. If war must happen then I'd recommend going it alone at first. Hit him as hard and as fast as you can. Then after a couple of turns try asking the other civs to help out, if you've hurt him enough they may join.

If he's got a continent to himself it's not going to be easy. If you've got communism build a spy or two and see where his troops are, you may get lucky and he might have left a coastal city or two lightly defended that you could capture and raze on turn one of the war. If you've got nukes he may have the bulk of his army stacked and so could drop a few on it (remembering to move your spy first or you can't drop the nuke).

The only danger with being too dirty in the war is that you may piss off your friend. After severely nuking one of my mates he'll now only play with me if we're on the same team...

Comment

Don't forget the option to ask them to stop trading with X. This gets you a -1 with X, but in most cases you don't care anyway. The key is that X and Y have worse relations. This is a big first step to getting them to declare war on each other.

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11
          Don't forget the option to ask them to stop trading with X. This gets you a -1 with X, but in most cases you don't care anyway. The key is that X and Y have worse relations. This is a big first step to getting them to declare war on each other.

Wodan
          Wow I TOTALLY forgot about that option!! Thank you!! (...you think, of course, that will cost less right?)

Phoenix, you gave me something to think about, since I *was* piling nukes and nukes to take out my friend lol....

And Matt, i didn't think you could make someone a vassal state in the original Civ4??

Comment

Of course, even if they do declare war, they could make peace soon after, before you want them to.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Netsurfer733
              And Matt, i didn't think you could make someone a vassal state in the original Civ4??
              No you can't. That option is only available with Warlords.

Comment

Ahh sorry, missed that.

Comment

Working...
                X