No announcement yet.

omgwtfbbq start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is rare, I'd actually go for Worker first, although I normally open with a Workboat when there is seafood. No Fishing here, though. However, working Gems still provides food but gives lots of commerce - a Worker first, with a civ that already has Mining, will mean a mine coming up soon - and as soon as you have just one, you're raking in the commerce!
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

What speed is this on? Map size? Save?
      - Dregor

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
        I confess that I'll never know how you guys can tell which resource is which without the resource flags turned on. Still, that looks like a great start... maybe better on the tile the Warriors are on.

And.... here comes the newbie.
        I've been wondering about this for a while since I've seen alot of you guys' screenshots. How do you get these resource flags?
        Is it a mod, or am I missing something in the options?

Cheers in advance

Comment

It's an option I think in the bottom right of the screen. Right above the minimap. It's one of the buttons there. It will drive you so ****ing crazy if you click that button.

Comment

It's the last button to the right, of the little ones. Left of the globe view. You can see it in Kuci's screen, too

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              It's the last button to the right, of the little ones. Left of the globe view. You can see it in Kuci's screen, too
              Yeah, but you didn't answer my question...

How can you tell those are Gems?
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Uhmm... because I remember that Gems look like that?

Gems - little stones of different bright colours. Yellowish stones - gold. Silver stones - silver

Comment

This is rare, I'd actually go for Worker first, although I normally open with a Workboat when there is seafood. No Fishing here, though. However, working Gems still provides food but gives lots of commerce - a Worker first, with a civ that already has Mining, will mean a mine coming up soon - and as soon as you have just one, you're raking in the commerce!
                  The seafood resources provide alittle commerce too however and would allow for faster growth. In the time it takes to build the worker and create the mine wouldn't you be able to work the seafood, create a workboat (even without fishing to start), and grow to a higher population to bring in the same amount of commerce while also having the option of whip fodder?

Comment

I think that both Workboat and Worker first will work. It's one of those starts which is not only good, it's also good in the way that it's almost impossible to screw up .

What is definitely true is that you'd want to pursue a VERY commerce heavy tech path, it would not be unreasonable to pursue Monotheism in order to get Organized Religion to build stuff quicker, that's the kind of tradeoff which makes sense when having such abundant commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by Brael

In the time it takes to build the worker and create the mine wouldn't you be able to work the seafood, create a workboat (even without fishing to start),
                      Lovely idea. The only problem is that you need fishing to work sea tiles, let along build a workboat.

So whilst creating and utilizing the worker, that would be the time to study fishing and then create the workboat. The mines should be complete by the time the workboat is ready.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

Lovely idea. The only problem is that you need fishing to work sea tiles, let along build a workboat.

So whilst creating and utilizing the worker, that would be the time to study fishing and then create the workboat. The mines should be complete by the time the workboat is ready.
                        Correct, thats why I placed a Warrior in the build que first.

Comment

Uhmm... because I remember that Gems look like that?

Gems - little stones of different bright colours. Yellowish stones - gold. Silver stones - silver
                          Try not to confuse horses with deer though. Those deer-driven chariots are of no use to anyone but Santa Claus.

Comment

Originally posted by Xan9BHAAL
                            How do you get these resource flags?
                            In addition to the little mouse button others mentioned, you can use Control-R to turn the resource flags on and off. I usually do Control-R followed by F11 (zoom out to clouds) when I reveal a new resource.

Comment

Originally posted by couerdelion

Try not to confuse horses with deer though. Those deer-driven chariots are of no use to anyone but Santa Claus.
                              Hmm...not sure about that. In fact I'd like to see a new civilization in the next expansion pack: The Lapps, who should have a UU of Reideer Sledge (movement 3 in tundra, strength 5, because of those deadly antlers).

Comment

Originally posted by couerdelion

OMGWTFBBQ!! Flying sleighs!!!
                                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                                X