IGN Hands On! 6-23-2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Hands On! 6-23-2007

Check out he latest preview from IGN and post your thoughts!

Many exciting bits to digest and ponder, prepare now by resting as much as you can, sleep will be a thing of the past in about one month!

/me remembers the bug that bit him and untold souls the world wide, one more turn...
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Once again the Immortal Factotum has been no match for the Colbert Truthynation. I once again already posted this Factsheet thread. (The joke doesn't quite work with my avatar change. BTW, are you going to change your avatar for Mafia. You're Bootstrap Bill Turner)

What do you mean by catch up on sleep! I'm already playing Warlords to 2 AM (when my game crashes)
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

I did not see the thread concerning this second of the IGN Previews?

Please point it out for me, Thanks!

As for sleep, ben working 18+ hours a day, working, not playing CIV

Anyhoo,thanks for the post

GT

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
        I did not see the thread concerning this second of the IGN Previews?

Please point it out for me, Thanks!
        I said the factsheet thread

Comment

Thanks

I am trying to have a thread to breakdown each review, if anyone is interested.

The BTS Factsheet thread is very long indeed.

I do appreciate your efforts on posting quickly though

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
            Thanks

I am trying to have a thread to breakdown each review, if anyone is interested.

The BTS Factsheet thread is very long indeed.

I do appreciate your efforts on posting quickly though
            Somone from IGN is posting them on CFC before they put a link on their BTS mainpage. That is how I post them so fast.

Comment

Thanks

About a month left and we will be looking forward to a game of BTS

Comment

As part of my preparation for a very busy PolyCast ( http://polycast.apolyton.net ) recording session today, I reviewed this preview's screenshots for information not found -- at least 'directly' -- in the write-up (or otherwise publicly known AFAIKnew). While working on this, I decided that I would also post this data here.

For Events, "Passive" means no response other than acknowledgment is possible on your part whereas "Active" means you must respond in one of two or more ways. "N/A" signifies data is Not Available. All are presented in alphabetical order by category.

EVENTS: Marriage Proposal ("Active")
                "A Carthaginian industrial heiress has received a marriage proposal from one of our prominent business tycoons. Their Jewish wedding will occur this year."

Options:

1. "Send well wishes and a token wedding gift."
                2. "Send hearty congratulations and a generous wedding gift."
                3. "Announce a national celebration, send an outlandish wedding gift and donate generously to religious organizations in the name of the newlyweds."

The option highlighted is #3 which a) costs 68 gold and b) gives +3 relations boost with Hannibal.

EVENTS: Ice Sculptures ("Active")
                “An artist in the frozen tundra near [city] has perfected a means of crafting beautiful ice sculptures.”

Options:

1. "We are glad to see that the local culture is thriving."
                2. "This is an endeavour worth pursuing. Fund an effort to master this new art form and incorporate it in to the local culture."

The option highlighted is #2 which a) costs 120 gold and b) provides +1 free Great Artist in [city].

EVENTS: Forge Expansion ("Passive")
                “Corinth has produced a grand master blacksmith who has overseen the expansion and upgrade of the Forge to increase its efficiency.”

The response: "We applaud the accomplishments of our revered grand master blacksmith."You receive +1 hammer for Forge.

EVENTS: Religious Miracle (N/A)
                Message on-screen (event that happened to another civilization): “A miracle performed at the city wall in Poverty Point is attracting [religious] pilgrims from far and wide.”

UNITS: Airship
              • Air Strength: 4
              • Movement: 1

WONDERS: Statue of Zeus (World)
              • +10 Culture
              • +2 Great Artist points
              • Enemies suffer +100% War Weariness
              • 201 hammer cost
              • Requires Monument (3 Total)
              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Dang, Gramps is over here drooling, and eagerly awaiting the countdown to speed up to "B" Day)BTS RELEASE!!!

Comment

• Working...
                  X