Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-reciprocal tech mechanics?

Just to understand:

Alphabet enables tech trading but it is enough that I research it. The AI-civ I am trading techs with does not need to have it. Correct?

Equally, Writing enables open borders but it is enough that I have it to sign open borders agreement with an AI-civ?

(I always thought we both needed it but then I researched Alphabet and hatty promptly came along and asked me to give trade her writing for something else and at that stage we already had open borders since several turns (which is enabled by Writing)).

And what about between the AI-civs when they trade techs? Can they do it freely or does one of the parties have to have Alphabet before it is possible?
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

One of the parties needs to have Alphabet for tech trading, and one of the parties needs Writing for OB. AI or not doesn't matter.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Interesting how when I researched Writing, I was IMMEDIATELY offered Open Borders by the French. Wonder how they knew what I was researching...
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

If you were willing to talk to every leader every single turn (or check up on them), you'd also know immediately when you could get open borders... not that you wouldn't get bored micromanaging it.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
          Interesting how when I researched Writing, I was IMMEDIATELY offered Open Borders by the French. Wonder how they knew what I was researching...
          And you can't use the foreign advisor screen to check that before Alphabet
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will9

And you can't use the foreign advisor screen to check that before Alphabet
            Yes, I had thought of that too.
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
              The AI doesn't always do that.

Think of it this way, the AI, by chance, decided to open the trade screen to see if there was anything to trade, and noticed open borders so decided to ask for them.

A human could do precisely that. In fact a diligent human WILL open the trade screen every turn to check for things like that, along with things like new cities being founded. The AI doesn't do that, although it obviously could if it "wanted" to.

Comment

Working...
              X