civ4questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ4questions

I am thinking of buying civ4 with the 2 expansion packs and would like to ask questions before I decide to by it or not.
    I heard that the civ4 beyond the sword expansion already has everything that the warlords expansion has. Is this True?

I also heard that the map makers from previous civ games are much better then the civ4 map maker. Is this true? if it is true then is there a modified version of the civ4 map maker that improves the civ 4 map maker to be like the previous map makers or better? if there is a modified map maker, does it allow you to make a galactic map like Galciv. I am asking that becuase the final frontier scenario allows you to explore beyond the planet so it would seem that you could also make a space map.

is there a scenario maker?

if there is a scenario maker then can you set the end game year to end in a time past 2050AD.

is there a monument screen or something of that sort?

Beyond the Sword will include Warlords content except the scenarios. So unless you really want the Warlords scenarios, just buy BtS.

You can mod just about anything you want in Civ4, but it's a bit complicated. The in-game map editor, World Builder, is a pain to use in some cases - but editing maps is possible by directly editing text files. By editing the game's files you can also change the 2050AD date and do lots of other things. There is no "editor" though - you have to go into it yourself.

No monument/throne room
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

civ4question

is it possable to get the monument screen from ctp1 to civ4 and/or the throne room from civ3 to civ4?

Comment

Theoretically, you could create a throne room, but it'd be a fairly complicated mod.

Comment

civ4 questions

how many ages are in civ4?

if it stops in the modern era then will at least the beyond swords expansion have 2 future ages like in ctp1. if not then is it posable that you can modify the game to where you can have 2 more future eras with city graphics and advances?

also can you build sea colonies?

Comment

No future ages in Civ4 and not in BtS - so no sea cities either.

There's already a Genetic Age mod - in fact, it's been directly inspired by CtP. The modding abilities really are almost limitless, you could mod everything CtP had in if you want and have the skills.

Comment

civ4question

where can I download the genetic age mod?

Comment

You can find that mod HERE

It's a mod for Warlords, but they'll most probably update it to Beyond the Sword as soon as it's released.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                X