Omens scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omens scenario

Just finished the Omens scenario. It was different, but kind of blah. The "messengers" were odd and I don't get what they really did to the game, but I did like their strength value.

Anybody else play it?
    The (self-proclaimed) King of Parenthetical Comments.

I have played it, but it was so "blah" as you put it that I didn't play to the end.

The gimmic scenarios are interesting, but personally I would like to see some more historic wars instead... namely The American Civil War, WW2, and the Vietnam Conflict.

It has been argued that these have appeared in the pervious versions of CIV, and therefore would be redundent, but I beg to differ.

Comment

I played Omens and won. Definately not a scenerio with replay value (at least in SP)

The main thing about this one in SP to remember is that unless the Python is modified, the AI is immune to the Omens so you really don't want to have the four horsemen inflect their wrath on you.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I played Omens and didn't like it. I just rushed the other civ and then waited for the scenario to end. The horsemen would ocassionally appear but not do anything.

I disagree about historical scenarios being better though, it all depends on the scenario/mod. I'm glad FFH is going to be in BTS and am looking forward to seeing what the one set in space will be like.

Comment

Working...
        X