Graphics problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics problems

Finally got Warlords for my birthday, just installed it a little while ago. Everything seemed fine at first, but the game locked up with a weird grid pattern when I tried to open one of the adviser screens. Ok, I figured, it's an updated game and I haven't upgraded video drivers for a while, maybe that's all it needs.

Well, no. I went from Forceware 91.something to 94.24. Now I get a screen like the one I attached below. Any thoughts? It ran vanilla Civ4 fine.

GeForce 6600GT
    Realtek AC97
    Athlon64 3200+
    1GB RAM
    Attached Files
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Bah. Driver issue. Does the same thing in Eve now.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Correction. Rolled back the driver install and it's still happening, so DirectX must be borked.

Comment

Now that I'm into the process of trying to fix it, I remember that this happened before as well (Civ4 crashed and nothing DX based would work afterward.) I reinstalled XP that time, but I'd prefer not to do that right now...anybody know why Civ4 would corrupt DirectX or how to stop it from doing so?

*echo*

*echo*

*echo*

Comment

The Direct3D test:
          Attached Files

Comment

Driver issue I'd guess, but no real idea. Does AA affect it (being enabled or disabled)?
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Is it an AGP or a PCI-E card? If it's an AGP card, there are some tricks with AGP that you can do.

Also, what's your motherboard? Some chipsets, particularly Via, have had issues with nVidia.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

AA settings don't seem to matter.

It's PCI-E.

It's an nForce4 based board (GA-K8NF-9), so I'd hope it wouldn't have issues with an nVidia card...but who knows...

Comment

Working...
                X