Admittedly Minor Potential BTS Nitpick: Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admittedly Minor Potential BTS Nitpick: Music

This was a peeve of mine when Warlods came out and they gave Catherine's music to Stalin, when the Volga Boat song is what I associate with him from back in the Civ I days. It was enough of an irritant to actually go into the XML files to change it myself (though Firaxis did this in a later patch).

In a similar vein, if Lincoln doesn't have the Battle Hymn of the Republic, I will be vexed.

While we're on the subject, I feel that they should give God Save the Queen to Victoria and have Churchill keep Rule Britannia.

Also, take out all that music that Warlods dumped into the Classical Era from scenarios and Civilization III. Not that the Civ III music was bad, just that some of it was from later eras and didn't fit.

Also, some Wagner and Verdi for the Industrial Era and Gershwin for Modern, please. I suppose I could just mod them in again, but it would save me the effort.

Bring back the original opening screen and music, too, please.

Comment

Re: Admittedly Minor Potential BTS Nitpick: Music

Originally posted by Common Sensei
      While we're on the subject, I feel that they should give God Save the Queen to Victoria and have Churchill keep Rule Britannia.
      No, no, no. Victoria is Rule Britannia.

They should stop giving BS music to the Indians, though.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Re: Admittedly Minor Potential BTS Nitpick: Music

Originally posted by LordShiva

No, no, no. Victoria is Rule Britannia.

They should stop giving BS music to the Indians, though.
        You are correct, but either way, I think it they should be distinct.

Peter the Great should probably get something different than Stalin, too. I would say Kalinka, but people would probably go "Hey, it's that Tetris song!"

Comment

I'd like to have different musical themes for every leader in BtS. Firaxis was quite sloppy in Warlords to re-use old themes for Ramses, Augustus, Stalin and Churchill.
          "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Land of Hope and Glory would fit Churchill well enough.
            A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I mod in some songs to replace the ones i don't like.

One of my favs is the "last of the mohawens" theme playing during the gunpowder era.

Comment

anything by Elgar for Churchill (nod to ChrisiusMaximus), or how about Blake's Jerusalem? (And did those feet in ancient time...)
                regards,

Peter

Comment

I think that civs should just have their national anthem (if available) as background music, and not a different tune for every leader.

Maybe change the way it's being played from leader to leader though.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I just wish they would make it more transparent to play with the music files, adding tunes to eras, or even small lists of music to play for leaderheads, etc. Everything else was made so wonderfully moddable. I am repeatedly surprised that the same philosophy was not used for music.

And I won't whine yet again about losing Baba Yetu and the Earth and Sun background. (oops, I just did.) Why can't I choose which menus? "I think I'll use the BTS skin today. Nope, I wanna try a Conquest victory, let's do the Warlords opening and go for it!" It just seems to be a strange thing not be as flexible and moddable as everything else.
                    If you aren't confused,
                    You don't understand.

Comment

i brought baba yetu music to warlords, and the globe intro sequence.
                      it is the best civ music ever...

Comment

How did you do that?
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                          How did you do that?

Music
                          and
                          Menu

Comment

Am I the only one who prefers the Warlords opening to Baba Yetu? I like Baba Yetu well enough, but the Warlords opening just kicks @ss in my opinion.
                            EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Am I the only one who prefers the Warlords opening to Baba Yetu?

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X