A New Trait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prolific - +1 food in plots with 4 or more
    Sounds great but is overpowered IMHO. Once you get biology all grassland farms are 4 food. Also early dessert rivers will really kick in.

Sea Faring - Double production of all Navel, free promotions for navel units, cheaper coastal buildings
    The problem is when you are playing a highland map.

Here are my propositions:
    • Miner - triple (or quadruple) chance of discovering minerals in mines, forges and factories +50%
    • Warmonger - -50% base happiness, war increases happiness instead of decreasing it, +100% GG costs, +50% barracks
    • Scientific - -50% library and university costs, +10% science production, +1 free scientist in the capital
    • Merchant - Trade routes possible with closed bordersbut not at war, +1 trade route, -50% harbour
    • Green - +1health from forests and jungles, -75% chop hammers, -25% production per city, +1 free engineer per city.

Comment

Re: A New Trait?

That version sounds way too powerful to me.

Perhaps just the free Shock & +1 happiness from your state religion's temples.

Originally posted by Alexander I
      Suppose there were to be a new Civ trait in Civ4. What would you want it to do? What would you call it?

My personal preference is "Zealous."
      Units receive free Shock promotion; +1 happiness, culture from religious buildings.

What are your ideas?
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Sounds a bit much and also 1/2 cost is the standard on cheap buildings. 50% faster is the standard on quicker settlers & workers.

I'd sugest the extra food be limited to just pastures while keeping the supermarket and grocer benifit.

Originally posted by Alexander I

I like it Impaler.
        And maybe 50% faster grocer, supermarket build time?
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Rebellious

- Each three citizens unhappy make a fourth citizen unhappy (+33% unhapiness).
          - Cities conquered can come back to previous civilization after invasion.
          (With option "city can switch back enable" they either produce guerillas based on culture, come back faster, etc.)

Either included or as an alternative :
          - Makes one citizen happy per x culture/research per turn; one unhappy per research/culture per turn (heh. Creative/Rebellious )
          "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
          "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

How about

1 'Ungrateful' or 'French'

- Prone to surrender and 1+ cheese with cows

2 'Grossly Incompetent bording on Retarded'

- Extra offensive bonuses when starting offensive wars for resources

- The leader would be inarticulate, fall of bicycles an take a third of the year off for vacation back at the ranch.
            May it come that all the Radiances will be known as ones own radiances

Comment

Working...
            X