Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trading problem: Item pops back up to top.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading problem: Item pops back up to top.

I am having a problem with trading with another human player.

I am currently playing a hotseat game in which I am playing two players (there are also two AI players). Whenever I try to trade with my other player, I run into a problem:

In the trade screen, when I click on an item on my side of the screen (e.g. "Open Borders" or a technology), the item moves to the bottom as normal. But half-a-second later it moves back up to the top (as if I had clicked the "Clear Table" button)!? Why is this happening?

Can someone please explain how this works. Trading doesn't seem to work the same as it is explained in the book.

Thanks in Advance,
    Miguel3d

That's a bug. I had that happen in a game with an AI, Washington I think. I don't believe I found a solution for it. Sorry. Just wanted to say it's not limited to just multiplayer.
    - Dregor

Comment

Thanks for responding. If that is a bug, as it appears to be, it's a very serious one.

What that means in the game I'm currently playing is that "Miguel I" can give "Miguel II" technologies, gold, etc., but "Miguel II can't give anything back!

Kinda defeats the whole fundamental of trading.

Hopefully, somebody can please tell me if there is a fix out there somewhere!!

Comment

Couldn't you just initiate the trade with the other team? Or does this happen no matter which side of the table you sit on?

Comment

When "Miguel I" inits a trade, he is able to table items on his side (right) of the trade screen. He is not able to table items on the left side.

When "Miguel II" inits the trade, he is not able to table items on either side.

Also, if "Miguel I" makes an offer, then when it is "Miguel II's" turn, he is presented with the offer, good. But he is unable to offer anything in return.

There is another possibility: I've just found out that there is a patch out there. I know that there have been no patches installed on my computer. I am going to look into this patch thing right now...

Thanks for helping me out,
          Miguel

Comment

Problem solved!!
            Get the 1.61 patch.
            Thanks all for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X