Foreign Trade Routes - error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Trade Routes - error?

In my current game (patch 1.61) I wonder if there's an error with my trade routes.

I expect to see good trade routes to Russia. But in fact all my cities make trade routes to my capital.

I have open border agreement with Russia, and we share a long common border, which is well-connected with roads (pretty much every hex has roads - its 1.400 ad).

Only a few coastal cities make trade routes to Russia, typically for 4-5 gold each. While all other trade routes to my capital is for just 1 gold each.

Any help?

Check here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=166238

But I think your problem may be to do with the number of available cities, and the size of your own cities, but I'm certainly no expert on this.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did in fact read this post you linked before posting. But it doesnt give specifics about how large trade routes are going to be.

My harbor with 4 and 5 trade routes is size 10.
      My capital is size 13. So is Moscow in Russia.
      Other cities are everywhere in between 4 to 13.

Comment

Without seeing a save, I can't be certain, but I agree with Swiss Pauli. It sounds as if there are only a few Russian cities available to trade with. The harbours in your coastal cities increase the weighting of these cities when trade routes are allocated and there are no foreign routes left to allocate to your capital. This is a standard result when your capital is inland and you build harbours in your coastal cities.

Have you got an up to date map of Russia? If so, you can check whether every Russian city that is connected to the Russian capital trades with one of your cities.

RJM
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
        X