Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do enemy leaders stay mad at you for Razing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do enemy leaders stay mad at you for Razing??

OK, so I went to war with Mali, razed several cities, then made them capitulate. The problem is they have a -20 for razing their cities under the diplomacy screen...so I can't demand that they give me any technologies in tribute as my vassal. They're highlighted in red and it says they'll never trade with me. How long does that take to go away??

Sorry, but it goes never away...

Comment

oh crap....looks like I may just have to put him down.

Comment

He capitulated... how will you do that?

Comment

crap.......

Comment

Percisely the problem with the vassal system.

Comment

so basically I can never ask him for technology tributes as a condition for remaining my vassal....wtf.

Honestly, after time has passed I may go into world builder and adjust his attitude towards me.

Comment

Can't you demand gold, gpt, resources, luxuries, world map, civic changes, ect?

Maybe one of those would cause him to revoke his vassal status?

Comment

You could try taking his land through culture, or declare war on someone and let them take his cities. It's not a very efficient way, but maybe he'll quit being a vassal, then you can declare war on him.
                  EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Originally posted by AccipiterQ
                    so basically I can never ask him for technology tributes as a condition for remaining my vassal....wtf.

Honestly, after time has passed I may go into world builder and adjust his attitude towards me.
                    Save this game's experience for the future, and get your tech from elsewhere. Going into world builder is like going down the dark side ... you'll tend to do it more in the future and the game will stale quickly for you.

I have razed cities with capitulated vassals. Changing their attitudes can still be done, but it takes time and charity! Be nice, give them surplus resources, techs & gold on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe

Save this game's experience for the future, and get your tech from elsewhere. Going into world builder is like going down the dark side ... you'll tend to do it more in the future and the game will stale quickly for you.

I have razed cities with capitulated vassals. Changing their attitudes can still be done, but it takes time and charity! Be nice, give them surplus resources, techs & gold on a regular basis.
                      very good point!

Comment

My only comment would be, "hey, I was kicking their ass, and was too lazy to finish them off so I accepted their vassalage before someone else did. I don't want to be charitable, I want them to bend over since I didn't finish them off. Then I want them to bend over again and again as many times as it takes."
                        I DON"T WANT TO BE CHARITABLE.....

Next time I'll just finish the mothers off.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, you can want to rape the country clean of all value (e.g., Poland by Nazi Germany, then by USSR after the war), or you can do the Marshall Plan thingy.

BTW AccipiterQ, I did not mean to imply that my suggestions would ALWAYS work.
                          Actually I DID mean to imply that, but it's not true.

Comment

Working...
                          X