Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods

I'm wondering which mods everybody uses. Currently I'm only using Blakes Better AI mod
    I just finished a game using HephMod, while it did have some great ideas, some parts was just annoying: like the tech tree is filled with "world wonders" that only the Warlord can build... there's wonders didn't really add anything to the game, I found them quite useless. The revolution mod could need some fixing, as civs that splits becomes quite easy to beat. Civs that splits should get some kind of bonus to help them up again
    There's one thing about the mod I really liked though: Dead civs are gone from the scoreboard... this should have been in the game from the start. Does anyone know where to find a mod that does this and nothing else?
    This space is empty... or is it?

Modding made easy:

in your Assets\Python\Screens\ folder find the file: CvMainInterface.py.

open in notepad find the line:
    Code:
    if (gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isEverAlive() and not gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).isMinorCiv()):
    Remove 'Ever' from isEverAlive, save and you're done

Comment

Try the ViSa mod.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        Try the ViSa mod.
        Looks interesting, I'll try that out in my next game

Originally posted by Nacht
        Modding made easy:
        Thanks

Comment

I just found a great mod that makes the foreign adviser screen useful:

CFC bothers me to make my first post, so I thought I might do something useful.:) . Can't play civ4 without EFA. I hope I got everything right... Needless to say all credits go to Requies all I did was a 3-way merge. It *seems* to work fine, don't blame me if it ruins your first immortal...

Comment

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the ViSa mod and the foreign adviser mod are good friends. I can't get them working together

Comment

Something weird is going on... I don't know if it's the ViSa mod or just a 'normal' problem

50 turns ago I joined a war with another civ against a third civ, ~20 turns ago we both end the war. 20 turns ago me and some other civ signed a defense pact, 15 turns ago the other civ attack a third civ, 10 turns ago I joined the war. I just got the tech that allows perm. alliances, so I wanted the other civ to join (he's friendly, only one negative point... as we share very few border tiles)
              But he doesn't want to sign it... reason? "We haven't had a defense pact or shared a war long enough"
              Haven't shared a war long enough? For the last 50+ turns we have either had a defense pact or shared a war... wouldn't that be long enough?
              Not to mention that this is actually the third time we share a war within the past 200 turns

Comment

I'm fairly certain that you can't sign a permanent alliance when either yourself or the other civ are at war (unless one of your new toys lets you do that).
                LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Haven't heard about that rule before...

Comment

Working...
                  X