Game Log?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Log?

I have seen people use this, but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to bring it up.

Ctrl + Tab. Or the little button below the current year/treasury
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I use the game log all the time... especially in MP games.
      Half the time, I can't read the all the messages because of the different colors they appear in, and the type is too small, and they disappear too quick. At least I can read the game log. In MP, most of us have turned off so many features as to not get in the way of combat... so it helps to have a log of the messages to read while you are waiting for somebody else to end their turn
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So the game log tells like who had a Great Person born, who is at war with one another, ect?

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

You know those messages that appear on the left as you play? The game log stores them all. Handy when there are a lot of messages and you can check them.

Also, you can click a message in the log to be taken to its location.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            Also, you can click a message in the log to be taken to its location.
            I find this very useful when a resource is discovered and I want to check on improving it.
            The (self-proclaimed) King of Parenthetical Comments.

Comment

I find it more useful in large games when it reports enemy sightings near one of the thousand of towns you now own, and have no real clue where it was
              I know the little red flashing light blinking on the main map also helps, but sometimes, there are a lot of flashing lights, and they don't flash for all that long. Plus, if you are a red civ, sometimes, you can't see it very well

Nothing better than not really seeing it, and then finding 8 units next to an important city and attacking it the next turn because you missed that a few transports wandered by
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And don't forget the combat log tab. Which you can use to take screenshots of to prove that the battle results are not truly random

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht
                  And don't forget the combat log tab. Which you can use to take screenshots of to prove that the battle results are not truly random
                  Is this same location as Game log?

Thanks
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Just a different tab, same window.

Comment

I like the fact that if you click on the message in the game log, you will centre on the exact spot that the event or warning happened or is taking place. Very helpful when two armies are converging on one city, but in different directions.

Comment

Working...
                      X