Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall of Fame

This is about the Hall of Fame in the game with a taly of the games you've finished. I noticed when going from Vanilla to Warlords that it started a new Hall, since it was a different mod of the game running. With BtS coming, I was wondering if there was some way to import an older versions Hall into the new one. I like to see a healthy list of how I've done before so I can compare scores and see if I'm getting much better.
    - Dregor

You could just take a screenshot of your old hall, then do a manual compairison.

Not sure where the actual file is for the hall, or how easy it would be to import to the next version.

Comment

I would think there would be a way since it is basically just stats. You might want to check and see if the HoF listing is in XML format somewhere in your Civ 4 folders. If it is, then you have your answer.

Comment

Anyone know where I'd find this file?
        - Dregor

Comment

The replay files of all games recorded in the Hall of Fame are located in the Replay subfolder of the Civ4/Warlords folders under "My Games". In theory, moving all replay files into the subfolder of the version that you plan to use (Warlords now, Beyond the Sword later) should give you a complete Hall of Fame.

Verrucosus

(EDIT: Having just checked it, this suggestion works only if you also change the file extension from *.Civ4Replay to *.CivWarlordsReplay.)
          Last edited by Verrucosus; May 28, 2007, 15:21.

Comment

Thanks! Going to do that now
            - Dregor

Comment

Hall of Fame Personality Comparison

Hi

as that issue with the Hall of Fame has been resolved, can anybody give me an explanation of what is a good score, and which personalities are the best ranking ? My best personality in the hall of fame so far was the equivalent of "Augustus Caesar" which I assume is pretty good but I have nothing else to compare it to. How many more are there ? What is a good score ?

Thanks
              j0b

Comment

I don't know. Since I have only won through space race or score (being too much of a peacenik), I haven't been as high as Augustus Caesar since Civ 1.

Comment

First of all, it worked great, thanks Verrucosus!

As for the scores, I'm not sure. The way I look at it, it gives you that name ranking based on how well you played for that level of difficulty. So if you got Augustus Caesar on Warlord difficulty, it doesn't mean you're amazing at the game, just amazing at that skill level. But like I said, I don't really know.
                  - Dregor

Comment

I'm glad it worked, dregor.

j0b, I'm afraid I haven't understood the scoring system myself. I don't think I've seen anything higher than Augustus Caesar either. The Hall of Fame distinguishes between an "in-game" score and a "normalized" score and from the way it worked for example in Civ 1, I'd expect the normalized score to me the result of the in-game score being lowered or raised by a modifier based on difficulty. The formula seems more complex though. In particular, in my introductory settler game the normalized score was much higher than the in-game score. There is a Hall of Fame Forum (as a subforum of Strategy & Education) where they should know more about the scoring system, but it seems to be dormant these days.

Verrucosus

Comment

I recently had an Immortal 15 civs, huge maps (custom continents: 5) Augustus Ceasar (19500) score 8)

That was the best I had so far.
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                      X