Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query about Multiplayer, Does everyone play warlords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query about Multiplayer, Does everyone play warlords?

Hi guys. I got Civ IV when it first came out and had a blast playing it against the AI. I was hooked for months! Unfortunately at the time i was behind a university router that wouldn't let me play online games.

Well i've pulled it back out again and decided to try out some online play, but wanted to know where the biggest online scene is. Have most people switched to Warlords? Is it worth picking up?

Also, I have the regular box version of the game, would it be possible to install a version of the expansion from steam? Anybody know?

Thanks

I only play warlords online, but I only play with a certain group of friends, I'm not a part of the lobby community.

I don't think you should pick warlords up, btw. you'd better wait for the next XP, Beyond the Sword, which comes in about 3 months.

Welcome to Apolyton btw
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Thanks

So the beyond the sword and warlords expansions wouldn't stack with each other? You'd be playing one or the other?

Comment

Originally posted by Bridger15
        Thanks

So the beyond the sword and warlords expansions wouldn't stack with each other? You'd be playing one or the other?
        Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridger15
          Thanks

Yes, but after BtS is out I expect that most people will start playing BtS.
          We're not sure yet, but we also guess that most Warlords items may be included in BtS. No official word from that yet though.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
          X