religon founding bug in warlords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• religon founding bug in warlords?

In playing warlords in pitboss has anyone else ever founded a relgion but not had the computer give you credit for it? In my current game a team pitboss game I thought I had founded judaism but though my religious advisor told me it was founded in 3000 BC the turn I researched monotheism, neither me or my teammate have evidently founded it. In fact it still looks like no one has founded it as no one has the little symbol beside there name as having done so. (the person who founded hinduism has the symbol so it should still appear..)

Thanks for any help!
    A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

The symbol only designates a state religion, not religions founded.

Comment

?

Comment

Player one gets the benefit of being first to discover any tech. It's the human per default in SP, but I'm not sure how you can check this in-game.

Comment

Swiss huh? So if player two discovers a tech player one gets the benefit....? That can't be right. Do you mean player one on a team gets the benefit? (So in a team of player 3 and four player 3 would get the benefit)?

Comment

Basically in MP, if two or more players discover the same tech, ie lib or meditation, on the same turn, the team with the lowest team number (ie the team 1 in staging) will get the tech first and all of the benefits.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I've played many a simultaneous turns game where the AI discovers a religion granting tech in the same turn as me. Could be that your team didn't get it first at all.

In such scenarios I'm told the person (or team) that gets it is the person (or team) with the largest overspill of beakers (same rules for wonder building). That may not be true however. Don't know how it is allocated within a team, but I think it is generally given to a member who has not got a religion already.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

[q=Dauphon]In such scenarios I'm told the person (or team) that gets it is the person (or team) with the largest overspill of beakers (same rules for wonder building). That may not be true however. Don't know how it is allocated within a team, but I think it is generally given to a member who has not got a religion already.[/q]

Team 1 and Team 2 (as defined in the setup screen) discover Tech X that allows the first team that discovers said tech to get another tech for free on the same turn. Team 1 discovers Tech X first, in Warlords 2.08. In Vanilla 1.61 the team with the greatest overflow gets the tech and boni. It got changed for some reason, but tbh it is a very stupid change. Worst example is when 2 teams win an SS vicotry on the same turn. The team with the lower team number wins the gmae in this case

Within a team, one of the players that do not already have a religion will get the new religion; I think this is random, but I'm not 100% on this issue.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                X