First city locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First city locations

So, starting an MP LAN game. Huge map, 18 civs.

It's 4,000 BC and already I have met an opponent. More than that, my settler started so close to the opponent that it has to be moved to build a city.

So I move my warrior north to scout land. Bloody ****ing marvellous:

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

I am presuming the presence of the mountain made the algorithms mess up and not realise how close the two settlers were to begin with, on a HUGE map.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

My condolences. Good luck on your OCC. Definitely a challenge.

Might I suggest beelining to sailing?

Comment

lol Dauphin pwnd LOL

Keep us updated on how the game turns out.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Héhé, in my last huge game I had not one but two civs starting within a handful of tiles.

I'd go for a restart on this one though.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I've had another civ stuck on the end of a one-square-wide penninsula, where the settler couldn't move until my borders expanded... we started two spots away, on a Huge map. I've never been that boxed in by mountains to start. Yet. I have been close, with room for only three cities on the end of a Pangea continent...

Comment

At least you got 46 gold!
              - Dregor

Comment

Here's a nice SP start I got the other day.

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Re: First city locations

Originally posted by Dauphin
                  So I move my warrior north to scout land. Bloody ****ing marvellous:

Did you play on then?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Look on the bright side, it's like you built the great wall for free!

Comment

Still doable, get sailing quickly.

Comment

Dauplin, I highly sugest you ask for a restart on a new randomly generated map.

Joncha, your map looks playable to me, I think in fact you won't need a military unit in your capital until the city grows large enough for "We demand miltary protection!" to cause happiness problems.
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

thats great

Comment

Working...
                          X