Korean war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean war

why is it that we have Korea and america but cant fight the korean war? i mean, it would be pretty fun

You can fight the Korean war.

Comment

Of course, it would be very ahistorical.
      Not SO ahistorical if you were playing on the earth map, or were playing a self-made scenario.

North Korea could somehow be a vassal (or even a PART) of China. Russia could be friendly to China/North Korea.

Comment

btw famousguy, I'm not sure if you know but the Korean war involved two Koreas. It wasn't America vs. Korea.

Comment

It was the United Nations, not America, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Virdrago
            It was the United Nations, not America, as well.
            Well Americans under UN flag.

Russia could be friendly to China/North Korea.
            Russia China relations were never really good. There were times the US had better relations to the Soviets than the Chinese. Well not at that point in history but a little later but still during the cold war.

Comment

Originally posted by ben04

Well Americans under UN flag.
              And Canadians, British, Greek, French, Australians etc. etc. It wasn't just the Yanks who were involved. In a way it was like a mini world war, within a very confined area.

Comment

a mini world war, within a very confined area

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  a mini world war, within a very confined area

Well yeah. Almost every nation on Earth had some involvement during that conflict, on both sides. That would fit the definition of a world war wouldn't it? The only difference is that it took place only in Korea.

Comment

Is Afghanistan a mini world war?

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

And Canadians, British, Greek, French, Australians etc. etc. It wasn't just the Yanks who were involved. In a way it was like a mini world war, within a very confined area.

These American forces were under the command of General Douglas MacArthur [(American)]. Apart from British Commonwealth units, no other nation could supply sizable manpower.
                      So that means mostly Americans a few British and lets not forget the South Koreans of course. That's more than 95% of the whole army.

Also don't forget that the only reason why the UN even took that resolution was that the soviets were absent in the security council. The Americans would also have fought that war without a resolution.

Well yeah. Almost every nation on Earth had some involvement during that conflict, on both sides. That would fit the definition of a world war wouldn't it?
                      It would have been a world war if the US wouldn't had given in when the Chinese unofficially engaged in that war. However it was not.

Comment

Originally posted by ben04
                        It would have been a world war if the US wouldn't had given in when the Chinese unofficially engaged in that war. However it was not.
                        Huh? The Chinese weren't unofficial at all about the conflict and they fought the UN forces, including the US, for 3 years before the armistice was signed. And they received some support from the Soviets with their intervention. This was all in the article you linked to.

Comment

History forum, people.

Comment

Kuciwalker i didnt ask for all the info, i just wonder, we have korea and america and the guys with Sid Meier made that awsome american revolution and north african campaign scenarios, so they could easily add a korean war thing to it, (i knew china was involved, which i think is pretty messed up because we saved their lifes in world war 2 from Japan Via ther Flying tigers)

Comment

"... never more than 62 combat-ready pilots and fighters... " (Wikipedia)

I don't see that the Japanese would have overrun the whole of China if not for the Flying Tigers

More to the point the Flying Tigers flew for the KMT not the Communists.
                              A billion citizens scurry like ants beneath the spires of the great city, their underpants as pure as the driven snow. The whole world is in the iron grip of The Bottom Inspectors.

Comment

Working...
                              X