No announcement yet.

War weariness brings me to tears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find the best way to avoid major WW problems is to get some extra happiness sources in time of peace. Having all your major cities in time of peace with equal numbers of happy and unhappy factors is just asking for problems.

In addition, if your war isn't going anywhere at the moment and the AI will yield something now, sign a peace treaty and use the 10 turns building up your army so you can quickly take more when the war begins.

Also, don't be afraid to use the cultural slider.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

However, this is unforunately very realistic.

Originally posted by CyberShy
      My people should be happy instead of weary that I'm bringing the war to the enemies territory
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

War Weariness Mechanics article at CFC's War Academy

According to this, WW is only manifest in territory where you are not culturally dominant (which would include recently conquered territory -- unless you were RE-conquering it).

Comment

All very helpful tips, thanks.
          I think the main fault in this game was as follows.
          I was playing at the edge of my skill level (Monarch). I Stubbornly stuck to my religion even though everyone else was a different religion.
          I rolled some very aggressive AI's
          I started on an island with enough space for 3 cities!.

Hereditary rule was probably my only hope. I could hardly afford to put anything into culture as I was always just behind the game in tech.

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

if its just one city thats the problem you can build the globe theatre wonder. your population then suddenly forget all about war and start dressing up as donkeys, fairies, moneylenders and crazy scottish witches.

If it works in real-life London, then it'll work in civ (er that doesn't sound right)
            regards,

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X