Human Player Negotiation for LAN game problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Player Negotiation for LAN game problem

I have a strange problem in CIV4. When a human tries to click on a nother human in a LAN game, the other gets a phone ring sound. When the window opens, there is no picture and nothing to trade is listed on either side. All interactions with AI players work.

Has anyone seen this problem?

(P.S. I inadvertantly posted this under the CTP2 forum. I tried to delete it, but it won't let me.

Are you trying to do this in the early game (ie, when there's nothing to trade legally)? Is there anything set that would cause players not to be allowed to trade (ie, "no tech trading" or "always war" or somesuch)? If it works with AI players that would seem to mean "no" to both of those, but who knows.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      Are you trying to do this in the early game (ie, when there's nothing to trade legally)? Is there anything set that would cause players not to be allowed to trade (ie, "no tech trading" or "always war" or somesuch)? If it works with AI players that would seem to mean "no" to both of those, but who knows.
      We are pretty far along into the game with less than 100 turns left. I have several trade agreements with a few AIs. I do not think there is anything selected that would preclude human interaction, but maybe there is something I do not understand.

Comment

Working...
      X