Multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer

Arghhhh!!! I don't often have the time for multiplayer games but I played one tonight. They start off fun but then when people start doing badly they leave. Bloody annoying!!! Was playing for 2 hours and doing well then once they start losing cities the opponents run off!! Then it snowballs and more people leave and with only 2 players and the rest AI what's the point??

Does this happen you guys?

Join the ladder. It's a community of none quiters.

You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

And no, most ladder players aren't particulary good. They are pretty ****, but still better than the AI.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Ladder is interesting, but most games are set to end after 120 turns.

You really won't get to the later eras.

My favorite options for full multiplayer games without quitters are the Diplomacy games (aka History of the World games or HOTW for short), and Rah's Saturday Night game.

Threads for both can be found in the Multiplayer Forums.

Comment

Cheers for the advice guys. Will give those ideas a try.

Comment

Pinchaks advice is good, and you could also play with non-quitters like myself, RobWorham, fed1943, Nugog and Femme. Drop me a PM and I'll see if we can't set something up.
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

The advantages of playing games with a limited turn span are numerous, but the best ones for CP are that you won't bew sitting down and playing for the entire day; the games rarely last more more than four hours. If a later era game is what you want to play, then start a game that is set to start in the later era.

Comment

But it's not that hard to set a time limit beforehand. Agreed upon by the players.

Comment

Good luck if you go into the lobby and playing a game if you go into staging then say that you are leaving in an hour and a half.

Comment

That's why I only play Direct IP with me mates!

Comment

Pinchaks advice is good, and you could also play with non-quitters like myself, RobWorham, fed1943, Nugog and Femme. Drop me a PM and I'll see if we can't set something up.

Originally posted by Zoid
                      That's why I only play Direct IP with me mates!

A weekly session works well for us.........
                      Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                      The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                      Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                      Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Check the civ4-multiplayer threads, there are people to find there who want to play dedicated multiplayer games!
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Yes, check the threads. I'm kind of biased, but I really like the RAH games.

We actually tried teams last saturday. It was my first time and it was quite interesting. It did take some time to adjust and I made a few mistakes. The most fun was discussing what tech would be next. The focus is a little different in teams.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What maps / how many players are in your games on saturday, Rah? Is it always one game per session? I guess that's normal speed?

Do you guys do the early rush? Or are there somehow diplo rules applying?
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Anywhere between 4 and 12 players. Sometimes we play a couple of games. We've tried different speeds but mostly normal.

There are early rushs. Especially when there's a lot of players, since someone then is usually missing resources and can be a target.

And there are those that will sometimes risk minimal defense early to try to get off to a faster start.

I've spent an hour organizing a game to be eliminated in 30 minutes. It can happen. But it usually doesn't.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X