No announcement yet.

CIV Advice before Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, Thanks. I'll just stick with the CD for consistancy sake.

Comment

Doesn't need the CD in the drive to play. It just uses it at startup, so game performance isn't affected [it isnt reading from CD or anything]

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
        Doesn't need the CD in the drive to play. It just uses it at startup, so game performance isn't affected [it isnt reading from CD or anything]
        Tried doing this and the screen gets weird. The units have disappeared. You can play the game still, but it takes away from the GUI for some reason.

Comment

That's odd.

There are also, erm, websites you can go to that will nicely patch your game to fix the needs-CD-in-drive bug

Comment

Eh, a while ago I went to gamecopyworld to get a warlords 2.08 fix -- using firefox -- and got a virus. didn't even run the .exe, it did the work itself.

nothing avast and a system restore didnt fix but be careful with that.

Comment

That's interesting. I've never gotten anything bad from gcw. OTOH, I keep a fairly locked-down system.

Comment

yeah it's generally been a clean site for me, too. weird. anyway, the warlords 2.08 fixed exe is bugged

Comment

Working...
                X