Smart Map Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Map Help

Please do not flog me for copying my thread into here. I just want to increase the chances of the right people reading it, and getting more replies this time around.

I play Civilization IV without Warlords expansion (don't own it yet) and I first downloaded and installed the latest official patch, then I downloaded and installed the Smart Map mod.

Smart Map works in all respects except for one problem; when I have the Terrain option set to Smart Map, and Feature option set to Smart Map, it still generates the traditional-script types of terrain (example: floodplains still only appear on deserts and never on plains or grasslands).

I want to be able to use the Feature option to generate floodplains on more types of terrain and along with any other altered generations that should be available through Smart Map.

Thank you for any help, guys.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

What version of SmartMap are you using? Where did you download it from?
    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

version 8.7, from Apolyton Civ IV Files section

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

Huh?

Comment

I had an old still-zipped v8.7 in my downloads folder. The flood plains appeared on terrain other than desert. Redownloaded it from Apolyton CivIV Files section. Again, the flood plains appeared on terrain other than desert.

Question: For the 'Features' option are you selecting 'SmartMap' (which can places flood plains on non-desert tiles) or are you selecting 'SmartMap Strict (which is the same as SmartMap except it doesn't place features on terrains that they wouldn't ordinarily appear on).

Comment

Working...
            X