Long live Monty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeace
    Anyone who prefers Conquest to Domination never played the old Civ games where Domination was never a possibility. There were innumerable games where I finally got an army big enough to take out that last civ and take over all the continents of the world... And then when I'm done I have a look around and there's 12 little islands with 1 or 2 cities on them. Mostly arctic garbage piles. The cities can't build much other than defenders...
    I always liked to take out every enemy city in all civ games (and with the possibility of getting vassals with Warlords those small useless cities spread around the globe becomes less of a problem), a domination victory just feels like it ends a game that hasn't ended yet. It feels like "conquest light"... this is why I turned it off
    The same I'd say about diplomacy victory, it's difficult to get that victory without going to war all the time, but at least diplomacy victory doesn't just happen "randomly" like domination. I only win by "diplomacy" if I was going for conquest but can see that there's not enough time to take them all out
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
    X